Monday, July 19, 2010

Recovery

I hope you all enjoyed our little 'guest' blogger. I am not sure if we will be able to convince her to watch the girls again after her exciting weekend...but we can hope.

My blog will be a bit dry today...I am still recovering from a very fun weekend with great friends that has left Gary and me extremely exhausted. I guess you can't rock it like you used to when you have two little to come home to. Seriously, though, we got sun, conversation and major relaxing in-can't wait for next year!

Sleep training started last night. Caroline had her appointment last Friday and they created us a game plan to get this chick to sleep. Our plan consist of good cop/bad cop. I am playing the role of good cop (surprising I know) and Gary will fill in the role of bad cop this Thursday when the actual training portion begins. Right now we are actually still getting up with her at night to establish that I am the only one that will get her out of bed to cuddle, eat, whatever. Once the training begins, I will leave the house so she knows I am gone and that, my friends, is when the hard part comes in. She will cry and Gary will have to go into her room at different intervals. I have faith and confidence that this will work-it took Brooke 4 days to sleep train (even though she was 15 months at the time) and I hope Caroline catches on quickly too :)

PS- did I mention she is teething? Her two front friends should arrive any day no...

PPS-did I mention Brooke is having a bit of a potty trained regression? I had been warned this could and would happen.

Never a dull moment...

No comments: