Monday, July 26, 2010

Cocktails & Cupcakes

This weekend we celebrated our friends little boys 1st Birthday!! The girls had a blast and so did the parents. Brooke and Caroline were so wound up when they got home...I think we finally got them to bed around 9:00 or so...

Caroline worked the room-making sure she got a picture with all mom's friends.

Caroline & Katie

Shannan's turn!

Katie & Miss C.

Caroline making new friends with the birthday boy!

"Where are my toys??"

Making a few new friends...

Not quite ready for bed yet....

After we got home from the party, Gary and I were pretty hungry. We decided to order a pizza and I went to go pick it up while Gary put the girls to bed. I thought that this sounded like a good deal for me! Not so much. As soon as I got to the pizza place, the sky opened up and an inappropriate amount of water came down soaking me from head to toe. I ran inside, grabbed the food, and headed back to the car. I had to stop at the gas station and it was still down-pouring. By the time I got back in my car (again) I was soaking wet. As I drove back to our house, it was finally starting to clear up. I pulled into our driveway, grabbed the food and my things and headed to the door.

That's when I saw it. A watering can on our front porch. We don't have a watering can on our front porch. Awesome. I am at my neighbors house. Parked...in their driveway carrying a pizza to their front door.

Who.Does.That!!

Back to the car, with pizza, purse, etc. Gave a quick look around to see if I was embarrassing myself in front of anyone or if it was just personal embarrassment. After not seeing anyone, I think i am in the clear. I mean, I have lived here for 3 months!! Who doesn't know their own house??!!

It could have been worse. They could have had their door unlocked and I could have walked right in! At least I would have brought them pizza.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably should have skipped the cocktails and just had cupcakes.

Bridget

Katie said...

SOO OC! Nice picture I MADE you take! Cocktails went to my head for sure!

Megan and Chris said...

I got into the wrong Honda before. It took me not being able to put the key in to realize..
Love the posed pic of Hirsch with her chard.