I am a huge fan on Craigs list. If you read my blog, this is a well known fact. What I am not a fan of, though, are falsies on the list. Falsies, in my dictionary, are those that respond to postings trying to trick you into their scam/virus/whatever. I don't even really get it to be honest with you. I mean, who falls for these things??
Just recently, I listed a few random items (toys) that we didn't need (play with) anymore. By the next morning I was pumped to see that I had some interested parties!! Then I saw what time they had 'expressed' interest-3 a.m., 4 a.m.-you get the idea. I opened up their email, entertaining the idea that they could possibly be legit. Guess what...they were SUPER interested, but concerned that it wasn't the exact toy they were looking for. You see, they had been 'scammed' in the past. Would I mind watching this video (insert link) and letting them know?? Oh, and that video needs to be purchased (secure CC site of course), but they promise they would buy my listing if I just signed up.
Right.
My other favorite Craigs list reply is that, yes, they would LOVE to buy my baby bouncer, but they live out of town. They will mail me a check if I could just go ahead and send my item their way. They will even pay $100 over the asking price to cover shipping and my trouble.
Seriously?? Yeah-I am on my way to Fed Ex.
After a convo with Gary, he gave me the 411 on how to list my items from here on out. Apparently with a little, CASH ONLY and LOCAL PICKUP you can avoid many of these replies.
Noted.
Falsies beware.
No comments:
Post a Comment