Smiling at strangers, laughing at animals (or other zoo visitors...I'm not sure) and having a great time.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Zoo-Rific
Gary and I rarely are off work on the same day. Even on weekends, I am working when he is at home. So, yesterday was an unexpected surprise when we found out (last minute) that we would both be home! We decided to take a trip to the zoo-especially with the amazing (low/no humidity) weather we have had this week...it was the perfect day. Aunt Maggie came along too which only up'd the fun factor.
She was totally on her A Game.
Smiling at strangers, laughing at animals (or other zoo visitors...I'm not sure) and having a great time.
The highlight of the trip-as Gary put it, 'better than National Geographic'-was the mating Jaguar exhibit. No joke-we were witnessing the future jaguar of our zoo being conceived. Pretty awesome...or awkward. I mean, would you want 50 people staring at your baby making?? Probably not. Female jaguar wasn't game either. She pretty much almost took off her boyfriend/husbands head and then they totally got into a fight. He pouted in the corner and she basked in the sun. Who do you think wears the pants in their relationship??
Smiling at strangers, laughing at animals (or other zoo visitors...I'm not sure) and having a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's not as bad at the mating turtles...you can hear it through out the zoo! I think thats when Mom and Dad told me they were just "cuddling" when that happened when we visited way back when.
i told you guys that jaguar picture would come in handy...
that actually was a very funny experience though, i felt we bonded with all the other weirdos around us...but not with our snake freind, he was no where to be seen but i have a feeling i know where he was the rest of the day..
Post a Comment