By sucked, I mean it was-hands down-the worst night since we have been a family of four.
Let me lay it out for you...
- Caroline didn't nap yesterday for then 45 minutes. Ever hang with a 7 month old sans naps?
- Caroline went to bed uber early due to only napping 45 minutes. When a child goes to bed 1.5 hours earlier then normal, you can pretty much guarantee ugliness throughout the night.
- Brooke got a bloody nose-a bad one-right when she was going to bed.
- Caroline woke up (one of her many wake-ups) while I was tending to Brooke's nose. At this point, I had to let her scream because I couldn't leave Brooke.
- Following the ENT's advice, I was to pinch the bottom of her nose and apply a small amount of Afrin nasal spray onto a cotton ball. You then put this cotton ball at the bottom of their noses and is is supposed to constrict the blood vessels which should help stop the bleeding.
- Afrin wasn't working. Caroline was still screaming.
- 10-15 minutes later, Afrin finally works. I let Brooke lay with me on the couch so I could watch her for awhile. Caroline got to come down too so I could calm her down with some snuggles.
- SIDE NOTE: Afrin makes 2.5 year olds CRAZY. Brooke was running circles around the house, bothering poor Caroline that was exhausted and totally acting like one of my siblings (Matt, Amy) on steroids. Insert 1.5 + hours of madness.
- Caroline finally goes back to bed. She is screaming again. I have let her cry-and for a long while. Brooke is a mad women and I know she would bother poor Caroline.
- 45 minutes later-Caroline is still crying. I go in her room to give her a pacifier and she is sitting in her bed...tears streaming down her face. Break.My.Heart.
- Caroline gets brought downstairs for some mom time. She totally relaxes and falls asleep...finally.
- In the meantime, Brooke is sitting behind us on the couch brushing (pulling) my hair. I am allowing this to happen because she is leaving Caroline alone.
- Brooke falls in between the couch and the wall and is stuck. I have to un-stick her....baby in one hand...couch in other. Super mom? Maybe.
- Caroline finally goes back to her bed.
- Brooke finally falls asleep on my lap on the couch.
- Gary FINALLY comes home....2.5 hours after it all began....
Brooke was able to sleep through the rest of the night without any more bloody noses. She had one this morning, but it was more manageable. I am going to talk to the ENT again today just to make sure we are doing all we can (and correctly).
Caroline woke up 2 more times throughout the night.....could it be teething? could it be that she didn't nap enough and was over tired? OR...could it be that she is just like Brooke was and needs 'help' sleeping?
We have an appointment with our Sleep Specialist on Friday.
1 comment:
Oh, my gosh! You did have a bad evening with those two cuties!(Of course, not so cute during those times!). This part of parenthood will fade from your memory as the years go on. Trust me:)
Post a Comment